Whispering Tide Event ChannelsEdit
There is the player run channel for the event. If you're looking for general help in a timely fashion, that is the place to go.
How to join: In world, we have the channels #WhisperingTide and #WhisperingTrade. Please use /chat join #WhisperingTide (or #WhisperingTrade) in the chat channels to join us.
Behaviour on the channel: Try to keep your chatting to the important things on the channel so it stays clean. Please be kind and don't use the channel for personal discussion or vendetta. Also remember that there is always the ignore function so you can block out trolls If you have a question, ask for the FAQ , or check it out here on the wiki. Most of the answers are already there.
You can set yourself up to automatically join WhisperingTide - and any other channel or channels you want to join.
- Find your Secret World folder. Mine is at E:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\The Secret World. Another common location is E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Secret World.
- In your The Secret World folder, there might already be a Scripts folder. If not, create it - and the capital S does matter. Open that folder.
- Inside Scripts, there may be a file called auto-login. It has no suffix, and should not have one. (Not even .txt.) If not, create it in Notepad or any other program that will save files in .txt format. Open that file.
- Put the following into the auto-login file:
delay 5000 /chat join WhisperingTide delay 5000 /chat join WhisperingTrade
- If the file already existed, just put those lines in at the end.
How to remove a .txt suffix (Microsoft Windows)Edit
- Click Alt-V while inside the Scripts folder. You should see a new toolbar appear.
- Open the Tools menu in the new toolbar, and select Folder Options.
- Select View.
- In Advanced Settings, deselect Hide extensions for known file types.
- Your auto-login file might have a .txt extension appear. If it does, right click on it and select Rename. Remove the .txt. Windows will complain, but tell it you know what you're doing. :)
- Click Alt-V again to remove the extra toolbar.
If your question is more complex or you wish to contribute to the knowlege base there is a forum thread at the Funcom Secret World community forums.